Author, speaker, and Director of Author Success at EduMatch, Mandy Froehlich, chats with us about taking leaps of faith, recovering from embarrassing failures, and the importance of taking care of yourself.
Mandy shares the inspiration behind her books, why she loves supporting teachers, and the importance of stopping to take a breath and take it all in.
- 0:31 – Shoutout to Brian Costello (@btcostello05) for Rae’s descriptive word for Jeff.
- Check out his book, The Teacher’s Journey.
- 1:23 – Chatting about our goal to amplify people’s stories and voices.
- Shoutout to some of our AMAZING guest bloggers:
- 7:04 – Previewing the episode with Mandy Froehlich.
- 8:40 – One more shoutout – To Nancy Bell Milks.
- 10:23 – Mandy introduces herself.
- 11:46 – Let’s take a moment and talk about how much we all love Sarah Thomas (@sarahdateechur).
- 14:24 – Mandy shares a little about her books.
- 18:24 – Mandy’s failure: Being extremely late to a field trip.
- 23:47 – What’s got Mandy excited about education right now: The focus of mental health for teachers.
- 25:59 – Mandy’s advice for teachers: Find the thing that is “self care” for you.
- 29:39 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 32:37 – How to connect with Mandy.
- EdTech Tool: Canvas LMS
- Book: “Micro-resilience” by Bonnie St. John
- Who to Follow: Rachelle Dene Poth (@rdene915) #my53s
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Jennifer Gonzalez www.cultofpedagogy.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Taking a breath.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can influence people, but you can’t change their minds.
Links to Connect With Mandy
- Website: www.mandyfroehlich.com
- Twitter: @froehlichm
- Instagram: @mandyfroehlich
- Teacher’s Aid Podcast