What does it mean to be equitable or inclusive in your school? This week’s guest, Traci Browder, shares powerful stories, actionable steps, and practices to ensure students have the same resources to be successful.
In this episode, we also discuss:
- Why “just a teacher” is a lie
- Influence outside of the classroom
- INTELLIGOGY the Podcast
- And Traci’s new book from DBC inc.!
About Traci Browder:
Traci Browder is a trailblazer in education inspiring & mentoring teachers & changing the lives of children for more than 17 years. Traci is known best for her innovative, out of the box teaching style with a mixture of Montessori, gifted/talented, & special services all rolled into one classroom environment. Her classroom is a live learning lab in which teachers and administrators both in and out of her district routinely visit.
Traci is a champion for equity and is working on her first book with DBC on the same topic. She partners with the authors of Lead Like a Pirate, Beth Houf & Shelley Burgess, along with Dawn Harris, to facilitate weekly conversations in the #LeadLAPr Twitters chat that challenges educators & administrators around the globe in innovating their thinking & practices
Traci & Dawn co-founded GritCrewEDU and have led districts in year-long relationships guiding them in developing their equity teams and taking an analytical and growth-mindset look at practices & systems.
Follow Traci Browder:
- Website: tracibrowder.com
- Twitter: @tracibrowder | @intelligogy | @gritcrewedu
- Instagram: @tracibrowder
- Facebook: @tracibrowder & @tracibrowderMEd
- Linkedin: @tracibrowder
- YouTube: TraciBrowder
- Speaking Engagements Dave Burgess Consulting
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
I want to give a huge shout out to those who have taken the time to provide a review on Apple, Spotify or any other podcast platform. It truly means the world to me that you would take the 30- 90 seconds to share how the podcast has positively impacted you or why other educators should check out the show.