Welcome to another inspiring episode of “Aspire to Lead,” the podcast where we explore the multifaceted world of leadership from every angle. In this episode, the dynamic educator and author, Jed Dearybury, jumps into the transformative concept of “The Playful Classroom.”
- The Power of Play: Jed Dearybury shares his profound insights on the significance of play in education. Discover how playfulness can foster creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love for learning in students.
- Practical Playful Strategies: Jed offers practical tips and strategies for educators and leaders to infuse playfulness into their life beyond education.
- Student and Leader Empowerment: Explore how a playful approach can empower both students and leaders to take ownership of their learning and growth.
- The Playful Classroom Book: Jed Dearybury shares insights from his book, “The Playful Classroom: The Power of Play for All Ages.” Discover how this resource can transform your approach to education and leadership.
About Jed Dearybury
Jed Dearybury began his education career in 2001. He was featured in GQ Magazine as Male Leader of the Year, met President Obama as the South Carolina honoree of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching, and was named top 5 finalist for SC Teacher of the Year. He was also the very first Milken Fellow from South Carolina in 2016. Since leaving 2nd grade in 2015 he has been leading professional development across the country, and training the next generation of educators through teaching in Higher Ed. He published his first book,The Playful Classroom in June 2020. His second book, The Courageous Classroom, released in July 2021. Book number three, The Playful Life, was released in October 2022.
Follow Jed Dearybury:
- Website: www.mrdearybury.com
- Twitter/ X: @mrdearybury
- Instagram: @mrdearybury
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@mrdearybury
- Other: We Are Playful Podcast
Supporting the Podcast!
Have you ever thought about supporting the Aspire to Lead podcast? For just $5 a month, you can help me continue to create and produce valuable content for aspiring leaders in education.
I understand that everyone has their own preferences and budgets, so if $5 a month isn’t feasible for you, no worries! The podcast will always be available to listen to for free. However, if you do find value in the podcast and can afford to contribute, your support would mean the world to me. By contributing, you’re enabling me to continue doing what I love and providing you with quality content.
Thank you for considering supporting the Aspire to Lead podcast . Your contribution, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
Aspire to Lead Won the FireBird Award!
I’m happy to announce that my book, “Aspire to Lead”, won the 2022 Leadership Book Award from Speak Up Talk Radio!
It is a great honor to get this kind of recognition and I really appreciate all your support!
The book is available for purchase on Amazon.
Review the Podcast
I want to give a huge shout out to those who have taken the time to provide a review on Apple, Spotify or any other podcast platform. It truly means the world to me that you would take the 30- 90 seconds to share how the podcast has positively impacted you or why other educators should check out the show.
This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.