Christine Girtain is the 2023 New Jersey State Teacher of the Year and a fantastic model for how facilitating empowering and content-rich classrooms. She works in a unique classroom, but her strategies and stories can be applied to all classrooms. She empowers her students to be their best and pursue that through research.
- Students are capable; we must allow them to rise to the occasion.
- Sometimes the best scaffolds are the ones that we wait to provide students.
- Developing and harnessing interest in a student can be one of the best strategies for facilitating complex learning.
- Look to your students for advice; they probably have something meaningful to share.
- Attending conferences means networking with other teachers, having great professional development, and learning new opportunities available to you and your students.
- Encourage your colleagues to step outside of their comfort zone.
Help us out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!