William Illingworth chats with us about engaging in the hard topics, admitting when you fail, and the power of finding a moment to reflect.
William talks about how he is like a 3rd party reflection point, and shares a personal story of why we need to celebrate everything.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/williamillingworth'It's really about trying to help teachers engage with learners in a new way.' - @willingworthy from episode 122 of #TeachBetterTalk #Podcast #TeachBetter Click To Tweet
- 0:58 – Chatting about the new book from Thomas C. Murray, “Personal and Authentic.”
- 5:50 – Previewing the episode with William Illingworth.
- 8:52 – William introduces himself.
- 10:22 – William’s failure: Rolling out a new vendor solution, and having to go back to the old solution when it failed.
- 15:13 – William’s success: Implementing Nearpod to increase engagement.
- 20:11 – What’s got William excited about education: Discourse.
- William references the Equity Maps App.
- 23:23 – William’s advice for new teachers: Reflect.
- 26:17 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 29:40 – How to connect with William.
- EdTech Tool: Google
- Book: Audiobook: “The Mapmaker’s Apprentice” by CJ Archer
- Who to Follow on Twitter: @irvspanish, @LangOnCourse, #SchoologyChat
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: The library.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Take. Notes.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Celebrate everything.” – William’s dad.
Links to Connect With William