Kindness cultivator and author, Tamara Letter, chats with us about her journey teaching in multiple states, circling back home, and becoming a published author. We chat about how she supports teachers, students, and admins, and what her greatest success has been.
Tamara shares why who you surround yourself with is crucial, the importance of giving yourself some grace, and how we can create opportunities for students to become kindness cultivators in their communities.
- 1:22 – Chatting about the Teach Better Conference.
- 4:42 – Preview of the episode.
- 7:09 – Tamara introduces herself.
- 8:20 – Tamara shares her journey teaching in multiple states, and circling back to her hometown.
- 10:46 – Tamara’s failure.
- 20:22 – Tamara’s success.
- 25:46 – How do we scale passion projects and providing students opportunities to become cultivators of kindness?
- 31:00 – What’s got Tamara excited about education right now.
- 33:58 – Tamara’s advice to new teachers.
- 36:48 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 39:20 – How to connect with Tamara.
- EdTech Tool: Google
- Book: I just finished “The Power of Moments” by Chip Heath and Dan Heath and loved it. I’m now working through “They Call Me Mr. De” by Frank DeAngelis which is powerful and heartbreaking all at the same time.
- Who to Follow: Dave and Shelley Burgess, Danny Steele, Laurie McIntosh
- And here are all the others we didn’t let her say on the recording:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Cult of Pedagogy . Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website for free resources and information to do anything with kindness!
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: You’ve gotta plan for your self-care. You gotta make time for your passions , no matter what they are. You gotta put it on your to-do list to make it a priority, so that way it actually gets done.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Be strong and courageous. If you can embody that, you can do anything.”
Links to Connect With Tamara
- Website: www.tamaraletter.com
- Twitter: @tamaraletter
- Facebook Group: Passion For Kindness Group
- Instagram: @tamaraletter
- Book: “A Passion for Kindness: Making the World a Better Place to Lead, Love, and Learn”
- Ordering information and free preview here: http://bit.ly/DBCkindness
- Hashtag to Follow: Share the ways you are scattering kindness in this world using the Twitter hashtag #passionforkindness or share your reflections about the book!