In your classrooms, are your students participating in one interactive lesson per unit or are they experiencing natural learning opportunities each day? This week’s guest, Becky Schnekser, shares how transforming her classroom allowed her students to explore, engage, and discover new learning opportunities to model interactive field experiences.
I'm listening to Becky Schnekser on the #AspireLead podcast! Click To Tweet
In this episode, we discuss:
- Field Science Professional Development
- Flipping to an Outdoor Classroom
- Teach Better Speakers Network
- And Becky’s Upcoming Book!
About Becky Schnekser:
Becky Schnekser is a K-5 Science teacher in Virginia Beach, VA. She believes science should not only be taught to learners of all ages, but it should be experienced in an authentic way. In order to bring authenticity to her science instruction, she joins field expedition teams around the world to gain insight into how science looks and feels globally in order to scale it for her learners and provide resources to educators worldwide. She is the founder of Outdoor Education Collective, a project dedicated to bringing outdoor education to schools no matter geographic location.
Follow Becky Schnekser:
- Website: www.expeditionschnekser.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/schnekser
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/schnekser/?hl=en
Follow The Teach Better Team:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/teachbetterteam
- Website: https://teachbetter.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teachbetterteam
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/teachbetterteam
- The Teach Better Podcast: https://teachbetter.com/podcast/
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.