Junior high principal, and AIMS Network President, Steve Diveley, talks with us about finding positive people to be your lifeline and asking for help when you need it.
Steve chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.
- 3:05 – Steve introduces himself.
- 4:15 – Steve’s failure.
- 7:19 – Steve tells us about the Association of Illinois Middle Level Schools
- 11:09 – Steve’s success.
- 14:35 – What’s got Steve excited about education right now.
- 19:48 – Steve’s advice for new teachers.
- 22:35 – 6 Questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:03 – How to connect with Steve.
- EdTech Tool: Google Forms
- Book: “Hiking Through” by Paul Stutzman
- Who to Follow: Rae Hughart (@raehughart)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edutopia
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Slow down. Daily reflection and prioritization. Give yourself a break to think.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: It is how you respond to the situation that says more than the situation itself. Don’t be that guy!
Links to Connect With Steve
- Website: www.aimsnetwork.org
- Twitter: @SteveDiveley
- Twitter Chat: #AIMSnetwork every Tuesday at 8pm CST
- Email: Always feel free to connect with me for work with the Association of Illinois Middle Schools at my work email firstname.lastname@example.org.
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk