Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss creating a district snapshot and why this is a place to start as you begin to make long-range plans for where your district is heading.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
Creating A District Snapshot
- Creating a roadmap for your district employees to follow over the coming years has to begin by deciding who you are at the beginning before you proceed to where you want to be.
- Think Before Picture & After Picture beginning with the before and your District Snapshot
- What is a District Snapshot?
- Document, report, graphic to showcase where a district is at any given time
- Simple or more complicated as you desire or dependent on the information requested
- How Does A District Snapshot Work?
- Self-Assessment tool for looking and analyzing data based on specific criteria
- Data collected from various stakeholders
- Clear and easy to understand by all stakeholders
- Creating A Single Focused Question
- This is the heart of the district snapshot as it is focused on where the district is and wants to go
- What is the overall makeup of our school district?
- How can we properly redistrict our students due to the increase of low-income housing?
- How do we want to effectively distribute next year’s budget funds across all our school buildings to meet the needs of our Title I students?
- Formulating Your Instructional Technology Focus Question
- Create a broad overview of how technology is used (hardware/software) to support students.
- In what areas of my school district is Instructional Technology being used effectively?
- In what areas of my school district is Instructional Coaching being seen as Successful?
- Is there a correlation between the amount of technology (hardware) funding provided to a school building and the amount of professional development provided?
- Who Should the questions be addressed to?
- Normal coach/teacher interactions; coach/admin interactions
- Central Office staff
- Non-school personnel
- How Can Your District Snapshot Support Instructional Coaching?
- What is Beyond the District Snapshot?
Contact The Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To “Ask The Tech Coach”
Follow Our Podcast On Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow Our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join Our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need A Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!