Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Instructional Coaches Jennifer Thomas and Jessica Brittingham onto the podcast to discuss their upcoming ISTE22 session and help you become an EdTech NINJA!
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
Click Here to Join!Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
What are some good coaching sessions to attend at the ISTE Conference?
Our guests Jen Thomas and Jess Brittingham will be presenting at ISTE on Wednesday. They will talk about surviving as a tech coach.
- “Tech Coaching from Newbies to Ninjas” – https://sites.google.com/refreshedcoaching.com/coaching-survival-kit/about-us
- Resources needed from August to July
- Relationship Building
- Monthly Campaigns
- What should I think about here in the summer as a new tech coach?
- Getting started strong – intro emails, vision casting
- Survey forms, getting to know you forms, meet/greet slides
- Use conferences and networking opportunities with peers to break the ice and learn how to build those relationships
- How do I build a culture of coaching in my building/district?
- Defining your role
- How do we do our job
- Establishing “champions” for your coaching role
- Newsletter / Appointment Scheduling
- SMART Goals
- Coaching Campaigns
About our Guests
Jen Thomas is a passionate technology educator who began her career in education as a library media specialist. After twelve years in the school library, she decided to shift her role and is now the Instructional Technology Specialist at Dartmouth High School in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. She is dedicated to empowering teachers and students and has a strong interest in planning and delivering professional development in all aspects of educational technology. Jen is a Google Certified Educator, Google Certified Trainer, Google Certified Coach, and New England GEG Leader, and member of the Board of Directors for MassCUE (ISTE affiliate). She facilitates online professional development courses with a number of non-profit educational organizations and resides in Rhode Island with her husband, Charlie, and their three children, Cooper, Noah, and Caroline. @BlendedLibGirl
Jessica Brittingham grew up in Mission Viejo, California, and moved to Boston for college in 1997. Jess earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in History from UMass Boston in 2000. She earned a Master’s Degree in Professional Writing from UMass Dartmouth in 2007. She taught fourteen years of high school English in Westport and Dartmouth before assuming her role as Technology Integration Specialist with Uxbridge Public Schools. Jess is a Google Certified Trainer, a Google Certified Coach, and is a MassCUE Instructor. Jess began working on her doctorate degree in Educational Leadership in May 2022, and expects to graduate in 2025. Jess lives with her musical family in New Bedford, MA, and is the proud mother of 2 girls, Rowan and Harper, and the proud-stepmother of 3 boys, Christopher, Matthew, and Zachary. @ELA2TISJess
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Episode Feed Code: