Professor Sam Fecich and an amazing group of pre-service teachers chat with us about why they got into teaching, what’s got them excited about the field, and how they hope to impact lives.
These future teachers share the best advice they’ve received, what they’ve learned from their mentors, and what they are focused on in their journey.
- 2:45 – Sam introduces herself.
- 3:48 – Our pre-service teachers introduce themselves:
- Walter Chevalier – Sophomore. Social studies and history secondary education.
- Ashlyn Tucker – Freshman. Elementary and special education.
- Paige Wilson – Sophomore. English and secondary education.
- RJ Dula – Sophomore. Middle level math and history.
- Morgan Prouty – Freshman. Early and special education.
- 11:50 – Sam’s failure.
- 16:34 – Our pre-service teachers share what has them excited about education right now.
- 22:50 – Advice for new teachers.
- 30:27 – How to connect with everyone.
- EdTech Tool: Nearpod (Recommended by Morgan)
- Book: “Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court.” by John Wooden and Steve Jamison (Recommended by Walter)
- Who to Follow: Kristen Nan (@nankr1120) (Recommended by RJ)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TED Talks (Recommended by Sam)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Take time for yourself! Take the time to eat healthy, do some stress relieving stuff, whatever that is for you, all those sorts of things cause remember you’re not just a teacher you’re a person too! (From Ashlyn)
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be a lifelong learner. (From Paige)
Links to Connect