Jeffrey Bradbury, educational podcaster and founder of TeacherCast, chats with us about podcasting to help give educators a voice, why he loves using the medium to connect educators and grow together, and how you can start podcasting, too.
Jeffrey shares his story of building multiple podcasts over the past 9 years, how you can teach like a WWE Superstar, and why we need to be the conductors in our classrooms.
- 1:03 – Shout out to Nick Sutton (@DrNickSutton) for providing Rae’s word to describe Jeff for this episode.
- 3:55 – Rae shares some of her favorite “Non-Educational” podcasts, and how non-educational podcasts (and books) can provide a lot of value.
- “Eric in The Morning with Melissa & Whip” -101.9fm THE MIX WTMX Chicago
- “The Ask Adam and Ryan Show” – Adam Welcome and Ryan Sheehy
- “The Rise Podcast” – Rachel Hollis
- “How to Be Awesome At Your Job” – Pete Mockaitis (Check out episode #430 with Jeff!)
- “Ask The Tech Coach” – Jeffrey Bradbury
- “Teachers On Fire” – Tim Cavey
- “The Aspire Leadership Podcast” – Joshua Stamper
- “In AWE Podcast” – Sarah Johnson
- 8:52 – Previewing the episode with Jeff Bradbury.
- 10:47 – Jeffrey introduces himself.
- 11:23 – Jeffrey chats about some of his many podcasts.
- 13:34 – Jeffrey takes through the steps of how to start podcasting. Can you podcast for free? Yes.
- 15:58 – Jeffrey’s failure.
- 18:57 – Jeffrey’s success: His family facing countless challenges, and overcoming.
- 21:47 – Jeffrey shares what it’s like being on the other side of the microphone.
- 24:04 – Jeffrey shares how you teach like a WWE superstar.
- 26:40 – What’s got Jeffrey excited about education right now.
- 28:43 – Jeffrey chats about how to help teachers get comfortable with new ideas when they want to, and when they don’t want to. Listen, find your avatar, and fill their needs.
- 30:45 – Jeffrey dives into who your “avatar” is.
- 34:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 38:33 – We make Jeffrey share is #1 favorite podcast: “Something To Wrestle” – Bruce Prichard
- 41:23 – How to connect with Jeffrey.
- EdTech Tool: WordPress and Final Cut Pro
- Book: Feedly
- Who to Follow: Dr. Sam Patterson (@SamPatue) Sam’s podcast: “Beyond The Hour of Code”
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Teachers.Tech / Jamie Keets
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Listen to a good Podcast … and share it with others. They don’t need to be educational.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be thankful there are only 3 babies.
Links to Connect With Jeffrey
- Twitter: @TeacherCast and @JeffBradbury
- Facebook Page: www.TeacherCast.net/Facebook
- Instagram: www.TeacherCast.net/instagram
- YouTube: www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
69: Building Heroes- Bruce and Erin Umpstead chat with us about helping students see that . they’re on a hero’s journey, and working together to find The Great American Epic.Podcast, @_jeffgargas, @EUmpstead, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @teachbetterteam, @Umpstead, Bruce Umpstead, Erin Umpstead, great American epic, jeff gargas, podcast, Podcasting with students, rae hughart, teach better team
68: Conductors of Our Classrooms – Jeff Bradbury chats about listening to our audience to understand their needs, and how you can teach like a WWE Superstar.Podcast, @JeffBradbury, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #podcasts, Jeff Bradbury, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Bradbury, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, Teacher Cast, Teachercast
67: Physical Literacy – Michael Jennings chats with us about giving our students more movement tools in their movement toolbox.Podcast, @_jeffgargas, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @THEschmike, Evans Junior High, Gym, jeff gargas, Michael Jennings, PE, Physical Education, Physical Literacy, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, teach better talk, Unit 5
66: Culture and Creativity – Kelly Croy discusses why we need to focus on creation over consumption, and how good and bad days all come down to a cultural experience.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @kcroy, @kellycroy, @raehughart, @teachbetterteam, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Along Came A Leader, author, Future Ready Podcast, jeff gargas, Kelly Croy, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk, Unthink Before Bed, Wired Educator, Wired Educator Podcast
65: Relationships Over Content – Wilkie Law chats with us about his unique journey to becoming a teacher, and why we need to cherish the human side of people.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, Value Adds Value
64: We all have to shine. – Jeffrey Austin shares why he had to completely ditch everything he was doing, how powerful really meaningful, personalized, timely feedback can be to a student, and why we all need to shine.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @MrAustinA2, @raehughart, @Skyline_WC, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Austin, podcast, rae hughart, Skyline Writing Center, teach better talk
62: Improvise, adapt, and overcome – Seamus O’Hara talks about never being satisfied, not being afraid to fail, and how we can be better.Podcast, @edpop, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Ed Pop Podcast, jeff gargas, PD, podcast, podcasting, professional development, rae hughart, Seamus O'Hara, teach better, teach better talk
60: Go Change The World. – Tamara Letter shares how to create opportunities for students to become kindness cultivators in their communities.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @tamaraletter, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Edu Podcat, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Tamara Letter, teach better, teach better talk
58: Learning Opportunities – Chris Chappotin talks with us about growing as learners and servants so we can turn it toward our students.Podcast, @chris_chappotin, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, Chris Chappotin, jeff gargas, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
57: Ignite Your Fire – Annick Rauch answers the question, “How do you do it?” and shares how her passion drives her.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, jeff gargas, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk, teachers, teaching
56: Legit Leadership – Joe Sanfelippo shares the components of building an amazing school culture, how they have transformed their professional development, and the power of empowering your team to be better.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @Joe_Sanfelippo, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #teachbetter #podcast, jeff gargas, joe sanfelippo, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
55: Take The L.E.A.P. – Elisabeth Bostwick chats about why we need to re-imagine learning, and how she learns something new every time she walks into another teacher’s classroom.Podcast, @elisabostwick, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Elisabeth Bostwick, Instructional Coach, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Take The L.E.A.P., teach better, teach better talk
54: Creative Voices. – High school students DJ and Noah share how creativity and freedom are helping to shape their future.Podcast, @cf_nowak, @DustyJohnson, @jeffgargas, @mrORIStech, @raehughart, @strider64832639, #Podcast, alex oris, broadcasting, high school students, jeff gargas, Joe Nowak, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk