9th grade english teacher, and founder of YES RI, Erin Hall, chats with us about finding a way to connect the social and professional experiences for educators, keeping teachers supported and motivated, and reflecting on everything you do.
Erin shares why communication is key, and explains how students liking you and students respecting you do not need to be exclusive.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/erinhall
- 2:08 – Erin introduces herself.
- 2:54 – Erin tells us about YES RI.
- 5:35 – Erin’s failure.
- 8:29 – Erin’s success.
- 10:40 – Erin talks a bit about gamification.
- 13:08 – What’s got Erin excited about education right now.
- 14:32 – Erin’s advice for new teachers.
- 16:52 – Diving deeper into establishing respect and building relationships.
- 19:21 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less.
- 21:25 – Erin talks about the Highlander Institute.
- 23:18 – How to connect with Erin.
- EdTech Tool: Common Curriculum
- Book: “The Compassionate Achiever” by Chris Kukk & “The Financial Diet” by Chelsea Fagan & Lauren Verhage
- Who to Follow: Rae, Jeff, and Chad! …also Amy Fast & Tom Loud (daily inspiration for teachers), Matthew X. Joseph & Alice Keeler (awesome resources), Susan Jachymiak (awesome first year teacher), & Mike Miele (project-based learning guru)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Podcasts: Be Education & Teaching Keating with Weston & Molly Kieschnick
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find a new hobby that is completely out of your profession.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Don’t try to be somebody, try to do something.” – President Barack Obama
Links to Connect With Erin
- Website: mshallclassroom.com or yesri.org
- Twitter:@erinhall47 – @yesriorg
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/erinhall47 or facebook.com/yesriorg
- Instagram: @mshallclassroom – @yesriorg
60: Go Change The World. – Tamara Letter shares how to create opportunities for students to become kindness cultivators in their communities.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @tamaraletter, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Edu Podcat, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Tamara Letter, teach better, teach better talk
58: Learning Opportunities – Chris Chappotin talks with us about growing as learners and servants so we can turn it toward our students.Podcast, @chris_chappotin, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, Chris Chappotin, jeff gargas, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
57: Ignite Your Fire – Annick Rauch answers the question, “How do you do it?” and shares how her passion drives her.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, jeff gargas, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk, teachers, teaching
56: Legit Leadership – Joe Sanfelippo shares the components of building an amazing school culture, how they have transformed their professional development, and the power of empowering your team to be better.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @Joe_Sanfelippo, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #teachbetter #podcast, jeff gargas, joe sanfelippo, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
55: Take The L.E.A.P. – Elisabeth Bostwick chats about why we need to re-imagine learning, and how she learns something new every time she walks into another teacher’s classroom.Podcast, @elisabostwick, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, Elisabeth Bostwick, Instructional Coach, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Take The L.E.A.P., teach better, teach better talk
54: Creative Voices. – High school students DJ and Noah share how creativity and freedom are helping to shape their future.Podcast, @cf_nowak, @DustyJohnson, @jeffgargas, @mrORIStech, @raehughart, @strider64832639, #Podcast, alex oris, broadcasting, high school students, jeff gargas, Joe Nowak, podcast, podcasting, rae hughart
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk