Rae Hughart shares some helpful reflection strategies for teachers.
- We talk about reflection for our students, but we need to reflect for ourselves as well.
- Using multiple mediums for reflection can help influence effective reflection.
- A one-on-one conversation may not be the best way for everyone.
- A pre-recorded video is another option.
- Voice memos and typing your reflection can also work.
- The important part is finding a comfortable medium to use.
About Rae Hughart
Rae Hughart is a Middle-Level Math and Writing Educator in Illinois and the Director of Training and Development for the Teach Better Team. In 2017, Rae was honored with the Illinois State University Outstanding Young Alumni Award – inducting her into the University Hall of Fame. In 2018, Rae was honored again by the Henry Ford Innovator Award for her work within educators communities to build unity between local businesses and schools.