21 year veteran teacher, and author of “Make Learning Magical,” Tisha Richmond, shares her journey from being a burnt out educator, to becoming an innovative leader and published author.
Tisha chats with us about working with other teachers to create sparks of innovation, how her book came to be, what her dream title is, and why we need to just get out there and go for it!
- 2:3 – Tisha introduces herself.
- 3:35 – Tisha talks about her book, “Making Learning Magical.”
- 7:25 – Tisha’s failure.
- 10:30 – Tisha’s success.
- 16:56 – What’s got Tisha excited about education right now.
- 20:17 – Where to start with technology: Tisha and Rae chat about how tech integration specialists can help, and how teachers can use them to help enhance instruction. Tisha mentions Derek Sivers’ “Obvious to You. Amazing to Others.” video. Watch it here.
- 23:56 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:19 – How to connect with Tisha
- EdTech Tool: Canva
- Book: “Eduprotocols” by Marlena Hebern and Jon Coripp0.
- Who to Follow: #IM549c – New educators to twitter that will blow your mind. @Rdene915, @froehlichm, @JCasaTodd, @techyturner, @jbormann3, @evanabramson, @TaraMartinEDU, @mrmatera, @burgessdave, @burgess_shelley, @dbc_inc, @LeachTeach4, @hmarrs24, @iluveducating, @tamaraletter,
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Michael Matera
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Running or Exercise. Writing.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Just jump!
Links to Connect With Tisha
- Website: tisharichmond.com
- Twitter: @tishrich
- Instagram: @tishrichmond
- Book: “Make Learning Magical”
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk