Dr. Neil Gupta is the Director of Secondary Education for Worthington City Schools, a national speaker, and a consultant with ASCD. Neil chats with us about why we need to remember that there is a human side to what we do.
Neil shares the power of listening, and how being responsive, reflective, and vulnerable are key to being an effective leader.
- 2:57 – Neil introduces himself.
- 4:19 – Neil’s failure.
- 9:03 – Neil’s success.
- 15:07 – What’s got Neil excited about education right now.
- 18:06 – Neil’s advice for new teachers.
- 21:56 – Jeff and Neil chat about their hobbies.
- 23:37 – One thing Neil hopes all teachers understand about administrators.
- 26:19 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:28 – How to connect with Neil.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer
- Book: “Energy Bus” by Jon Gordon – Reading as a District Admin team.
- Who to Follow: @Jennifer_Hogan
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Andy Stanley – Pastor – Great inspirational nuggets in his podcast.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Journaling or Blogging – Some place for self reflection.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Have the skin of an armadillo, but the heart of a marshmallow.
Links to Connect With Neil
- Website: www.drneilgupta.wordpress.com
- Twitter: @drneilgupta
- Facebook Page: Neil Gupta
- Instagram: @neilgupta25
- Hashtags to Follow: #leadupchat – Every Sunday morning.