Teach Better Team co-founder, and creator of The Grid Method, Chad Ostrowski, chats with us about the relentless pursuit of Better. Chad tells us the story of the worst year of his life and how it changed everything, explains why we thinks we have the best opportunity to create true change in education, and how you can be the best version of yourself.
- 3:13 – Chad explains what he does for a living.
- 5:30 – Chad’s failure.
- 11:24 – Chad’s success.
- 18:05 – What’s got Chad excited about education right now.
- 21:28 – Chad’s advice to new teachers.
- 24:06 – 6 Questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:39 – How to connect with Chad.
- EdTech Tool: EdPuzzle or Actively Learn
- Book: “Run Like A Pirate” by Adam Welcome
- Who to Follow: @teachbetterteam
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Teach Better Team (shameless self-promotion alert!)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Taking care of yourself.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “You can’t control everything going on in education, but you can always control what happens in the four walls of your classroom.” – Chad’s mentor, Amanda Gillespie
Links to Connect With Chad
- Website: www.teachbetter.com
- Twitter: @chadostrowski or @teachbetterteam
- Facebook Page: Teach Better Team – And our Teach Better Team Private Facebook Group
- Instagram: @teachbetterteam
- Hashtags to Follow: #TeachBetter #MasteryChat
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk