4th grade math teacher, Susan Jachymiak, chats with us about her passion for growth mindset, reflecting to find what works best for her students, and the challenges she’s overcome as a 1st year teacher.
Susan talks about why it’s important to be willing to try new things and adjust on the fly, and why being connected to other educators is so important.
- 3:00 – Susan introduces herself.
- 3:53 – Susan’s failure.
- 7:59 – Susan’s success.
- 11:02 – What’s got Susan excited about education right now.
- 12:35 – Some of the challenges Susan has come across when trying to personalize learning for her students.
- 14:42 – Susan’s advice for new teachers.
- 16:13 – Susan chats about how to get started building your PLN via social media.
- 19:20 – Hashtags you should follow.
- 21:48 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less
- 22:55 – How to connect with Susan.
- EdTech Tool: Clickers
- Book: “Softening The Edges” by Katie White
- Who to Follow: @raehughart
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted Ed
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflecting at the end of the day.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Things don’t always go as planned. Reflect and readjust.
Links to Connect With Susan
- Twitter: @MsJachymiak
- Podcast: Pondering Education
- Hashtags to Follow: #newteacherjourney – Twitter chat on Sundays