Author, speaker, and “Truth Teller,” Adam Welcome chats with us about living life to the complete fullest, why we need to give our schools back to our kids, and why you need to find your side hustle.
Adam shares how teachers are more important than ever, but in different ways, and why you should strive to be a “Facilitator In Chief” of learning experiences. Adam encourages us to overcome failure: “You can tap out, or you can stand up, suck it up, and move forward.”
- 2:57 – Adam introduces himself.
- 5:13 – Adam’s failure.
- 8:50 – Adam’s success.
- 15:30 – What’s got Adam excited about education right now.
- 19:35 – Adam’s advice to new teachers.
- 22:16 – Adam talks about finding balance.
- 25:40 – Adam gives an overview of his books, “Kids Deserve It” and “Run Like A Pirate.”
- 27:30 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:28 – How to connect with Adam.
- EdTech Tool: Evernote
- Book: “The Everything Store”
- Who to Follow: @alicekeeler
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: INC Magazine’s YouTube Channel
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Get up 15 minutes earlier and move and workout. Get the blood flowing.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t take yourself too seriously.
Links to Connect With Adam
- Website: www.mradamwelcome.com
- Twitter: @mradamwelcome
- Facebook Page: mradamwelcome
- Instagram: @mradamwelcome
- Podcast: The Ask Adam and Ryan Show
- Hashtags to Follow: #KidsDeserveIt #RunLAP
- Adam’s Books:
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk