In this episode, elementary principal, author, and international speaker, Todd Nesloney, talks about the power of amplifying the voices of others, eliminating excuses for kids, and not letting failures destroy you.
Todd shares why we need to put our focus back on the kids, bring our best attitudes to work, and continue to show up for our students. Todd gets vulnerable as he shares his journey, and let’s us know why he’ll “never write another book!”
- 2:10 – Todd introduces himself
- 3:02 – A little bit about Todd’s books
- 11:15 – Todd’s failure
- 19:10 – Reflecting on failure is not an easy thing, but we’re going to learn from our mistakes
- 21:06 – The pressure of “eyes watching”
- 22:30 – Todd’s advice for new teachers
- 25:27 – The one thing Todd wishes he would have learned earlier
- EdTech Tool: FlipGrid
- Book: “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo
- Who to Follow: Travis Crowder (@teachermantrav),
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: SoulPancake, Brad Montague (@bradmontague), Nerdy Book Club, We Need Diverse Books
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find time to read every single day.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Amplify the voices of others louder than you amplify your own.
Links to Connect With Todd
- Website: www.toddnesloney.com
- Twitter: @techninjatodd
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/toddnesloney
- YouTube account: www.youtube.com/user/toddnesloney
- Instagram: @techninjatodd
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/tnesloney