In this episode, middle school principal, and Vice President of the AIMS Network, Bryan Zwemke, talks with us about the power of teachers collaborating, and how working with his teams have lead to success for him.
Bryan touches on what the core of any success is, what AIMS is all about, and finding your balance.
- 1:55 – Bryan introduces himself.
- 2:55 – Bryan’s failure.
- 5:25 – Why the “WHY” is important while implementing new initiatives.
- 6:13 – Bryan’s success: Working with teams.
- 7:16 – What’s at the core of any success.
- 7:46 – A little about the AIMS Network.
- 10:14 – What’s got Bryan excited in education.
- 12:24 – Bryan’s advice to new teachers.
- 15:00 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less.
- 16:46 – Jeff’s recommendation for daily reflection/journaling – The Five Minute Journal App (click to see it in the app store)
- 18:18 – How to connect with Bryan.
- 18:42 – Bryan lays out a goal so we can all keep him accountable!
- EdTech Tool: Google
- Book: “Middle School: A place to Belong and Become” by Laurie Barron and Patti Kinney
- Who to Follow: George Couros (@gcouros)
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: www.teachbetter.com and www.edutopia.org
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily reflection or journaling – Check out Monica Genta’s “180 Days of Awesome” @monicagentaed
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Build relationships. They never go out of style, and they’re always the most important at the end of the day.
Links to Connect With Bryan