In this episode:
After listening to this episode you will leave equipped with the what, the why and the how of using one text for multiple mini lessons.
I talk about:
- What a mentor text is and its purpose in the RLA classroom.
- Why using a mentor text for your RLA instruction will: save you time, save students processing time, save you instructional time.
- How to make using mentor texts for multiple mini lessons a reality in your classroom.
– Mentor texts can be used for several lessons to model what good readers and writers do.
-Mentor texts save you planning time, instructional time and help save students processing time.
-Planning for mentor texts means long range and short range planning so that you can get the most out of using key texts for your next unit.
Links to resources mentioned in the podcast:
Book a discovery call for one on one coaching or school professional development
Next Steps: If this episode resonated with you, take a screenshot of the episode and tag me on instagram @msevamireles.
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other upper elementary teachers get ideas they can use in their class today.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’