Do you see every interaction with students, staff, and parents as a gift? This week’s guest, Livia Chan, shares how every interaction is an opportunity to uplift, inspire, encourage, and support others.
In this episode, we also discuss:
- Belief in Other People
- Maximizing Opportunities to Inspire Learning
- And “Impact: The Power of Connected Leadership”
About Livia Chan:
Livia Chan is Head Teacher and author passionate about community, leading with heart, and daily lifelong learning. She truly believes in the power of connections and positivity, and thoroughly enjoys building relationships by reaching out with kindness and gratitude. Livia lives by the belief that it is through every interaction that we have the opportunity to intentionally uplift and appreciate others in order to brighten their day, make an imprint on their heart, and impact their lives. Her other passions include family, friends, and ringette.
For over 20 years, Livia has continued to experience the joy of teaching in the Greater Vancouver area in BC, Canada and loves her dual role as a Head Teacher and classroom teacher. Previously, she served on the District Staff Development Team in Learning Technologies supporting K-12 educators. Currently, Livia is honored to be the Digital Content Coordinator for the Teach Better Team and loves being a part of this family! Her motto is “Working together to better ourselves, each other, and the world around us.”
Follow Livia Chan:
- Website: https://livchan.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LiviaChanL
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/liviachanl/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liviachanl/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/liviachanl
- Voxer: https://web.voxer.com/u/liviachanl
- Teach Better Administrator Mastermind: https://teachbetter.com/mastermind/
- Teach Better Blog Series: https://teachbetter.com/author/livia-chan/
Are you a superfan of the Aspire podcast? Well, now you can show off your support with the new Aspire swag, featuring tee shirts, hoodies and a variety of drinkware. You can find all your Aspire Swag at www.teachbetter.com/swag
Use Discount Code: ASPIRE for 25% OFF
Tee-Shirts, Hoodies, and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Watch my session on Trauma Informed, restorative and social emotional practices at www.teachsummit.com/stamper
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Aspire to Lead made it to the Best New Education Books
I’m happy to announce that my book, “Aspire to Lead”, made it to BookAuthority’s Best New Education Books:
BookAuthority collects and ranks the best books in the world, and it is a great honor to get this kind of recognition. Thank you for all your support!
The book is available for purchase on Amazon.
Review the Podcast
I want to give a huge shout out to those who have taken the time to provide a review on Apple, Spotify or any other podcast platform. It truly means the world to me that you would take the 30- 90 seconds to share how the podcast has positively impacted you or why other educators should check out the show.