In Don’t @ Me (3:48), Tom opens this week with a reminder that educators have more influence and control over the machinery of student achievement than some might think. Then, Tom is joined by teacher and podcast co-host Pav Wander (17:43) for a conversation about teacher-voice. Finally, in Assessment Corner (1:00:30), Tom focuses on the importance of acceptable alternatives in assessment and grading reform.
- Pav on Twitter: @PavWander
- Staffroom Podcast on Twitter: @StaffPodcast
- Staffroom Podcast on Instagram: @the_staff_room_podcast
- Staffroom Podcast on Facebook: The Staffroom Podcast
- Staffroom Podcast on Linkedin: The Staffroom Podcast
- Website: www.cheyandpav.com
12for12 Challenge (50th Episode)
(1) Post a picture on Twitter, Instagram (NOT IG story b/c those disappear), or Facebook OR a video on TikTok (yes, the podcast is on TikTok) of what you typically do while listening to the podcast. E.g., Twitter – Something like Hey @TomSchimmerPod, I love listening to the podcast while on my commute to/from work every day OR Hey, @TomSchimmerPod, I love listening to the podcast while I work out or whatever. You have to tag the podcast – Podcast handles. I’ll check you are following the podcast too; that’s a must.
(2) Then, you have to get at least 12 people in the next 2 weeks to subscribe to the podcast and post about it. 12 hours of coaching – 12 people. It might sound something like this: I just subscribed to the @TomSchimmerPod. Thanks (tag you – @mybestfriend) for the recommendation! They don’t have to post a pic but that would certainly be cool if they did.
- Email the Podcast: email@example.com
- Podcast on Twitter: @TomSchimmerPod
- Tom on Twitter: @TomSchimmer
- Instagram: tomschimmerpodcast
- Facebook: Schimmer Education
- Website: www.tomschimmer.com