In this episode:
You will walk away with clear steps for how to launch and teach your nonfiction unit.
I talk about:
I talk about the what, the why and the how of teaching your next fiction reading unit.
1.The What- It’s Broken into two camps:Expository and Narrative Nonfiction
- The Why- Teaching students how to think about new information and what they think about it is critically important.
- The How- I give you 4 main teaching points to zone in on in your next nonfiction reading unit.
- As an educator and as an adult you and I both know that you are never done learning, this means that learning how to navigate non fiction is a lifelong skill.
- In addition, learning how to navigate nonfiction will also teach students how to take in new information and decide how to think about it and what they think about it.
- Nonfiction text may include bias therefore, students will need to be taught how to identify the author’s purpose in order to help them discern this.
Links to resources mentioned in the podcast:
Book a discovery call for one on one coaching or school PD
Next Steps: If this episode resonated with you, take a screenshot of the episode and tag me on instagram @msevamireles.
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other upper elementary teachers get ideas they can use in their class today.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’