In this episode:
You will walk away with clear steps for how to launch and teach your next fiction unit.
I talk about:
I talk about the what, the why and the how of teaching your next fiction reading unit.
1.The What- Hint Fiction is not fake.
- The Why- How being able to navigate fiction can prepare students for real life.
- The How- I give you 5 main teaching points to zone in on in your next fiction reading unit.
- Please for the love of all things literacy stop telling students that fiction is fake.
- Teaching students how to read fiction is another way to equip students with skills that they need to be able to navigate life.
- Teaching students how to read and understand fiction is just as important as teaching students how to read and understand any other genre.
Links to resources mentioned in the podcast:
Book a discovery call for one on one coaching or school PD
Next Steps: If this episode resonated with you, take a screenshot of the episode and tag me on instagram @msevamireles.
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other upper elementary teachers get ideas they can use in their class today.
- Search for my show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’