High school math teacher, and Teach Better Team’s Director of Curriculum Design, Tiffany Ott, shares how her shift to working with teachers has changed how she introduces herself, why she’s excited about where education is heading, and how you can affect change regardless of how new you are to teaching.
Tiffany encourages us all to stand up and fight for what we believe is right for our students, focus on building relationships with our students AND our colleagues, and to never lose who we are and why we’re here.
- 2:17 – Tiffany introduces herself.
- 4:46 – Tiffany’s failure.
- 9:38 – Tiffany’s recommendation for how to speak up and affecting change with your colleagues.
- 13:30 – Tiffany’s success.
- 17:00 – What has Tiffany excited about education right now.
- 21:20 – Tiffany’s advice for new teachers.
- 25:16 – One more piece of advice.
- 27:09 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 29:28 – How to connect with Tiffany.
- EdTech Tool: Screencasting
- Book: “Run Like A Pirate” by Adam Welcome and “The Power of Starting Something Stupid” by Richie Norton
- Who to Follow: Every educator you can find! @teachbetterteam @burgessdave
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog:Teach Better Team and Ted Education Videos
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Take time for yourself and rest.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t give up. You can do it.
Links to Connect With Tiffany
- Website: www.teachbetter.com
- Twitter: @techieteachott
- Facebook Page: Teach Better Team
- YouTube: Teach Better Team
- Instagram: @techieteachott
- Hashtags to Follow: #MasteryChat #TeachBetter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org