Author, speaker, teacher, COACH, and Director of Media and Communication for Dave Burgess Consulting, Tara Martin, chats with us about what it means to be R.E.A.L. and teach from the heart, why it’s okay to expose vulnerabilities, and what we need to do to be “future ready.”
Tara encourages us to always be ourselves, and talks about the one thing technology can never replace.
- 1:51 – Tara introduces herself.
- 3:48 – Tara talks about “Be R.E.A.L. – Educate From The Heart.”
- 6:04 – Tara’s failure.
- 13:33 – What’s got Tara excited in education.
- 16:18 – Tara’s advice for new teachers.
- 19:08 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 26:00 – How to connect with Tara.
- EdTech Tool: Snapchat
- Book: “After The Fall” by Dan Santat and “There Is No Good Card For This” by Dr. Kelsey Crowe
- Who to Follow: @burgessdave, @shelleyburgess, @jaybilly2
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.georgecouros.ca
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Some form of exercise.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Stay true to you.”
Links to Connect With Tara
- Website: www.tarammartin.com
- Twitter: @taramartinedu
- Facebook Page: Tara M Martin
- Instagram: @tarammartin.real
- Snapchat: TaraMMartin