Speaker, author, Google Certified Innovator, and EduMatch founder, Sarah Thomas, talks with us about how we can be authentic with our students and why it is so important. Sarah shares how she loves creating spaces where conversations and growth can occur, why it’s awesome we’re all realizing WE are the experts, and why you need to take the power you have to make a difference, scale it, and share it with the world.
- 2:55 – Sarah introduces yourself.
- 4:33 – Sarah’s failure.
- 7:36 – Sarah shares where the EduMatch Movement came from.
- 10:41 – Sarah’s success.
- 12:33 – What’s got Sarah excited about education right now.
- 14:33 – Sarah’s advice for teachers.
- 17:38 – Sarah shares the best things you can do to build your network.
- 21:34 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 23:28 – How to connect with Sarah.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer
- Book: “Divergent EDU” by Mandy Froehlich and all the EduMatch books in pre-release
- Who to Follow: Create PLN w/ EduMatch Awesome Table
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.edutopia.org and www.cultofpedagogy.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Having a routine that involves self-care.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Life has already been written, so sit back and watch it play out.
Links to Connect With sarah
- Website: www.sarahjanethomas.com and www.sarahdateechur.com and www.edumatch.org
- Twitter: @sarahdateechur | @edu_match | @edumatchbooks
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/edumatchers
- Instagram: @sarahdateechur | @edu_match | @edumatchbooks
- YouTube: podcasts.edumatch.org/youtube
- Books: www.edumatch.org/books
- Hashtags to Follow: #EduMatch
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk