Roman Nowak is a High School Teacher, a Student Success Leader, and an Agent of Transformation. He shares with us why he wears all 3 title proudly. Roman talks with us about how his failures have led him to where he is today. He also explains why you need to live your emotions, go through it, give yourself new objectives, and keep going.
Roman urges us to go against the grain and don’t be afraid to try things and get things wrong, as long as it’s better for kids.
- 2:03 – Roman introduces himself and shares the 3 titles he carries proudly
- 3:05 – Roman’s failure
- 5:33 – What helped Roman realize teaching is where he is supposed to be
- 8:03 – Roman’s success
- 11:18 – Teachers and classrooms that spoke to Roman the most while visiting
- 12:52 – What has Roman excited about education right now
- 15:09 – Roman’s suggestion for getting started with flexible seating
- 20:27 – Roman’s advice for new teachers
- 22:36 – 6 questions. 15 seconds to answer each.
- 25:14 – How to connect with Roman
- EdTech Tool: FlipGrid
- Book: “Code of Honor” by Alan Gratz
- Who to Follow: Brandi Miller (@bmilla84) and Eli Casaus (@MrCoachEli)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TedEd and Teachonomy
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Take the time to read, whether on social media, a book or anything. Take the time out to focus on one thing.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Be yourself.
Links to Connect With Roman
- Website: mrromannowak.wordpress.com
- Twitter: @NowakRo
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/roman.nowak.73
- Instagram: @roman.nowak
- Roman’s Twitter Chat: #BeKindEdu – Sunday nights
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk