K-8 Math Instructional Coach, and co-host of the Instant Relevance Podcast, Raymond Steinmetz shares his journey to blended learning, the failures he’s overcome along the way, and why he’s proud to say, “I’m a teacher.”
Raymond reminds us to always remember the reason we’re here; for the students, and explains why he sees every school year as an opportunity to be a Better educator.
- 2:36 – Raymond introduces himself.
- 4:23 – Raymond’s failure.
- 10:01 – Raymond’s success.
- 13:47 – Raymond expands on blended learning.
- 17:46 – What’s got Raymond excited about education right now.
- 20:33 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds each.
- 22:31 – How to connect with Raymond.
- EdTech Tool: Go Formative
- Book: “The Growth Mindset Coach” by Annie Brock
- Who to Follow: Denis Sheeran (@MathDenisNJ), Instant Relevance Podcast (@instantrel)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: EduSations with Phil Strunk
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Asking students for feedback.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Students don’t have to like you, they have to respect you.
Links to Connect With Raymond
- Website: www.blendedlearningmath.com
- Twitter: @Blended_Math or @instantrel
- Instant Relevance Podcast: Listen on Anchor.fm