K-8 Math Instructional Coach, and co-host of the Instant Relevance Podcast, Raymond Steinmetz shares his journey to blended learning, the failures he’s overcome along the way, and why he’s proud to say, “I’m a teacher.”
Raymond reminds us to always remember the reason we’re here; for the students, and explains why he sees every school year as an opportunity to be a Better educator.
- 2:36 – Raymond introduces himself.
- 4:23 – Raymond’s failure.
- 10:01 – Raymond’s success.
- 13:47 – Raymond expands on blended learning.
- 17:46 – What’s got Raymond excited about education right now.
- 20:33 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds each.
- 22:31 – How to connect with Raymond.
- EdTech Tool: Go Formative
- Book: “The Growth Mindset Coach” by Annie Brock
- Who to Follow: Denis Sheeran (@MathDenisNJ), Instant Relevance Podcast (@instantrel)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: EduSations with Phil Strunk
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Asking students for feedback.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Students don’t have to like you, they have to respect you.
Links to Connect With Raymond
- Website: www.blendedlearningmath.com
- Twitter: @Blended_Math or @instantrel
- Instant Relevance Podcast: Listen on Anchor.fm
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk