Author, TedX speaker, and middle school science teacher, Monica Genta, chats with us about helping students and teachers transform education from average to awesome.
Monica shares how she feels when people tell her a goal is a bad idea, why she loves that education is harder than ever right now, and why education deserves to be celebrated.
- 1:58 – Monica introduced herself.
- 4:01 – Monica’s failure.
- 8:00 – Monica’s success.
- 10:34 – What has Monica excited about education.
- 13:07 – Monica’s advice for new teachers.
- 16:03 – Overview of “180 Days of awesome.”
- 20:36 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:16 – How to connect with Monica
- EdTech Tool: Canva
- Book: “Talk Like Ted” by Carmine Gallo
- Who to Follow: @RaeHughart
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Ted Talks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Routine! Get into a solid, consistent routine. “I get up and I have the exact some routine every single morning, starting at 5. I get the workout in. I do a morning reflection. And then I crush it for kids.”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Don’t just talk about it, BE about it.
Links to Connect With Monica
- Website: www.monicagenta.com
- Twitter: @MonicaGentaEd
- Facebook Page: monica.genta.1
- Instagram: @monicagentaed
- YouTube: Monica Genta
- Hashtags to Follow: #180daysofawesome #betheblueapple
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk