Music therapist and owner of Developing Melodies, Meryl Brown, gives us a lesson on how music can truly change lives, helping us learn how to speak, how to walk, and maintain emotional function.
Meryl educates us on an incredible tool that is underused in schools, with the hope that more educators will see its power and utilize music therapy when it fits into a child’s learning journey.
- 2:32 – Meryl tells us what she does.
- 3:52 – Meryl defines “Music Therapy” for us.
- 5:54 – A story of using music therapy to help a student.
- 9:29 – Rae’s experience with using music in her classroom, and how you can start with using music therapy in yours.
- 12:34 – When you might want to start considering music therapy.
- 18:38 – What are the age groups does Meryl typically work with?
- 20:53 – How music therapy is implemented differently with different age groups.
- 23:46 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 26:48 – How to connect with Meryl.
- Tech Tool: My computer.
- Book: “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero
- Who to Follow on Instagram: @musictherapyed
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: www.musictherapyed.com
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Consistency is key. If you’re going to use music in your classroom, be consistent.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can’t help everybody with music therapy.
Links to Connect With Meryl
- Website: www.developingmelodies.com
- Twitter: @delevopmelodies
- Facebook Page: Developing Melodies
- Instagram: @developingmelodies