21 year veteran teacher, Kristen Nan, chats with us about taking risks, being willing to fail, and igniting the fire inside our students. Kristen discusses “Mystery Skypes,” and breaks down her L.E.G.I.T. Learning and T.R.U.E. G.R.I.T.
We chat about how to be Better than we were yesterday, and why you should empower yourself, humble yourself, and know that learning never ends.
- 3:00 – Kristen introduces herself.
- 4:38 – Kristen’s failure.
- 9:42 – Kristen’s success.
- 16:18 – Kristen chats about “Mystery Skypes.”
- 19:36 – What’s got Kristen excited about education. Make sure you follow Dr. Sam Fecich on Twitter!
- 22:26 – Kristen’s advice to new teachers.
- 25:42 – Kristen talks about T.R.U.E. G.R.I.T. and L.E.G.I.T Learning
- 30:40 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:45 – How to connect with Kristen.
- EdTech Tool: Book Creator
- Book: “The Pepper Effect” by Sean Gaillard and “Make Learning Magical” by Tisha Richmond
- Who to Follow: @burgessdave, @KatieMartinEDU, @taramartinEDU, @gcouros, @SFecich, @DrJacieMaslyk, @AnnickRauch, @Mo_physics – And of course be sure to follow Kristen’s inservice teacher, Ashlyn @ashlyntucker_ed
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Carrie Baughcum and Michael Matera
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Love your students. Know their story. Be there, up front and center, celebrating every one of their successes.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Fear and faith cannot live in the same place. So take the risk.”
Links to Connect With Adam
- Website: www.kristennan.com
- Twitter: @nankr1120
- Facebook Page: Kristen Nan
- Instagram: @nankr1120
- YouTube: Kristen Nan
- Hashtags to Follow: #Nan3EDU #CelebratED