In this episode, Kim Snodgrass shares her unique journey to being a teacher, why you need to be on Twitter, and how she makes learning sparkle with her love of EduGIFs.
Kim touches on why she always looks forward to building relationships, and points us toward a ton of amazing educators we should be following.
- 1:50 – Kim describes herself and shares her unique journey.
- 3:51 – Kim’s shares her failure(s).
- 5:41 – Why diving into the world of Twitter is a success for her.
- 10:18 – It’s not just about getting on Twitter.
- 13:59 – What’s got Kim excited about education.
- 16:36 – Kim shares info about The Hive Summit
- 19:32 – Hive Summit speakers you should check out: Carrie Baughcum, Dave Burgess, Michael Cohen, Tara Martin, Matt Miller, Michael Matera, Sarah Thomas, Joe Sanfelippo, Rick Wormeli.
- 21:07 – Kim’s advice to new teachers: Do what you know is right. Find a way to bring your passion and what you believe is right, into your classroom.
- 22:42 – Six questions in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:09 – How to connect with Kim
- EdTech Tool: EduGIFs
- Book: “Be R.E.A.L.” by Tara Martin
- Who to Follow: Dave Burgess (@burgessdave)
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: Michael Matera’s YouTube Channel and podcast “Well Played“
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Google “Teach Like a Pirate Hooks.“
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Don’t let critics steal your soul.” – Dave Burgess “Your vibe attracts your tribe” – Jimmy Casas
Links to Connect With Kim
- Twitter: @KimSnodgrass
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk