In this episode, we have a blast with middle school science teacher, Josie Bensko, who describes herself as a “grown-up middle schooler.”
Josie shares a big failure from her first year of teaching, what she considers a “success,” and some really awesome advice.
- 1:44 – Josie discussed the reactions she gets when she says what she does – And we embarrass here!
- 3:14 – Josie’s big failure in her first year of teaching.
- 5:46 – Rae and Josie’s mentor’s awesome quote.
- 6:44 – When Josie feels the most successful.
- 8:08 – What’s keeping Josie energized about education: Social media.
- 12:12 – One of Josie’s goals for this year.
- 13:51 – Josie’s advice for what teachers should be doing early in their career to really be effective.
- 16:15 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less….and go!
- 18:08 – Rae’s requested drumroll…
- EdTech Tool: Google Classroom
- Book: “The Limitless School” by Adam Dovico and Abe Hege
- Who to Follow: Elementary Shenanigans (@elementaryshenanigans) and Wade King (@_wadeking)
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: ASAP Science Videos
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Find something that relieves stress for you outside of school! FOr me it is working out
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Students will not learn from someone they don’t like”
Links to Connect With Josie
- Twitter: @maniacsinthemid
- Instagram: @maniacsinthemiddle
- Website or Blog: www.maniacsinthemiddle.com
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/maniacsinthemiddle
- Pinterest: Maniacs In The Middle
- Spotify Playlists: Miss Bensko