6th grade math and language arts teacher, Jessie Lynch, chats with us about allowing yourself permission to make mistakes, try something new, and taking the time to do what you need to do.
Jessie shares why it’s important to remember you don’t need to be perfect, and why we’re not just here to move through the material.
More at www.teachbetter.com/podcast/jessielynch
- 2:45 – Jessie introduces herself.
- 5:18 – Jessie’s failure.
- 9:10 – Jessie’s success.
- 15:03 – What’s got Jessie excited about education right now.
- 17:36 – Jessie talks a little about restorative practices and mindfulness.
- 20:32 – Jessie’s advice for new teachers.
- 22:31 – Six questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:22 – How to connect with Jessie.
- EdTech Tool: Seesaw
- Podcast Recommended: “Teach Better Talk” and the Teach Better Team Facebook Page
- Who to Follow: #MasteryChat
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Edutopia
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Daily reflection and goal setting, for your students AND for you.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You can’t do it all yourself. That’s why you have a team.
Links to Connect With Jessie
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk