Elementary principal, Frank Bellomo, chats with us about being on a mission with his team to improve the lives of kids.
Frank talks about the power of relationships, why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room, and the importance of not getting caught up in the negatives.
- 2:50 – Frank introduces himself.
- 4:16 – Frank’s failure.
- 6:48 – Frank shares his philosophy
- 8:58 – Frank’s success.
- 12:30 – What’s got Frank excited about education right now.
- 15:05 – Frank’s advice to new teachers.
- 17:26 – Frank’s thoughts on social media.
- 18:44 – Let’s go off track and ramble about Twitter and Twitter Chats.
- 19:36 – Frank chats about #COLchat.
- 21:21 – What Frank hopes teachers know about administrators.
- 22:54 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:18 – How to connect with Frank.
- EdTech Tool: smore
- Book: “Engaging Students With Poverty In Mind” by Eric Jensen
- Who to Follow: @JeffGargas and @RaeHughart #COLchat – 1st and 3rd mondays of each month at 9pm EST
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: TED Talks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Connect with students daily. Make every day count. Provide feedback students can use to improve not getting caught up in the negatives. Share good news and successes weekly and recognize positive character traits each month.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Culture trumps strategy.
Links to Connect With Frank
- Website: islandprincipal.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @FbellomoB or @FoxElemCVS
- YouTube: Fox Elementary School https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4JnlZ8P4umgcThAW0cIdw
- Hashtags to Follow: #COLchat – 1st and 3rd mondays of each month at 9pm EST
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk