Jeff and Rae recap the journey of Teach Better Talk so far. We share our favorite pieces of advice, the bloopers along the way, and of course…we make fun of each other and laugh a lot, too.
We also recap our favorite parts of hosting teach better talk, and hook you up with an exclusive discount on the Teach Better Conference!
- 1:58 – Jeff’s version of “how this all started.”
- 4:34 – Rae’s version of “how this all started.”
- 9:19 – Let’s look back to when we started recording.
- 11:05 – What has been our favorite part of hosting Teach Better Talk.
- 14:57 – Stories of finding out how far the podcast has been reaching.
- 16:52 – Some of the not-so-awesome stories from along the way.
- 20:44 – Jeff highlights some of his favorite episodes.
- 23:49 – Rae highlights some of her favorite episodes.
- 28:50 – Our “Top 10” answers to the question, “What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?”
- 35:38 – What’s got us excited right now.
- 38:48 – Get the exclusive discount code to save $50 off your Teach Better Conference registration.
- 42:44 – Accept Jeff’s challenge.
Top 10 Pieces of Advice (in no particular order)
- “Have the skin of an Armadillo and the heart of a marshmallow” Neil Gupta Episode 41
- “Money is like closet space, you use what you have and you always wish you had more.” – (Brianna’s Dad.) Brianna Hodges, Episode 23
- “Build relationships. They never go out of style, and they’re always the most important at the end of the day.” – Bryan Zwemke Ep 06
- “Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.” Joy Kirr Episode 25
- “Don’t try to be somebody, try to do something.” (President Barack Obama) – Erin Hall Episode 36
- “Don’t just talk about it, BE about it.” – Monica Genta, Episode 24
- “Look for moments of awe over moments of oh.” – Rena Hawkins Ep 44
- “When you commit, the universe moves.” – Kyle Krueger Ep 40
- Be yourself. – Roman Nowak, Episode 10
- “When you walk into a room, make sure you leave that room with more energy than when you found it.” – (Jimmy’s dad.) Jimmy Casas, Episode 19
Links to Connect With Jeff and Rae
- Website: www.teachbetter.com or www.teachbetteracademy.com and www.teachbetteracademy.com
- Twitter: @jeffgargas @raehughart
- YouTube: www.YouTube.com/teachbetterteam
- Hashtags to Follow: #TeachBetter #TheGridMethod #TeachFurther #TeachBetter19
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk