Motivational speaker, educational publisher, and best-selling author of “Teach Like A Pirate,” Dave Burgess chats with us about finding our own story, and why he won’t do a “part 2” of his book.
Dave encourages us all to focus on getting better, not being perfect, and reminds us that it’s not always about the scoreboard; it’s about knowing you did everything you could to become the best you are capable of becoming.
- 1:57 – Dave introduces himself.
- 2:33 – Dave’s failure.
- 10:11 – Dave’s success.
- 12:44 – What’s got Dave excited in education right now.
- 14:57 – Dave’s advice for new teachers.
- 17:57 – The story of how “Teach Like A Pirate” and Dave Burgess Consulting/Publishing came to be.
- 24:15 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:59 – How to connect with Dave.
- EdTech Tool: Todoist (App)
- Book: “Make Learning Magical” by Tisha Richmond
- Who to Follow: Sarah Johnson, Jessica Cabeen, Jessica Johnson – Authors of “Balance Like A Pirate”
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Michael Matera (mrmatera)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Recapture your morning. Get some sort of morning routine that starts you on a powerful way.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden, of the John Wooden Basketball Camp
Links to Connect With Dave
- Website: www.daveburgess.com www.daveburgessconsulting.com
- Twitter: @burgessdave
- Instagram: @DBC_INC
- Hashtags to Follow: #TLAP