Motivational speaker, educational publisher, and best-selling author of “Teach Like A Pirate,” Dave Burgess chats with us about finding our own story, and why he won’t do a “part 2” of his book.
Dave encourages us all to focus on getting better, not being perfect, and reminds us that it’s not always about the scoreboard; it’s about knowing you did everything you could to become the best you are capable of becoming.
- 1:57 – Dave introduces himself.
- 2:33 – Dave’s failure.
- 10:11 – Dave’s success.
- 12:44 – What’s got Dave excited in education right now.
- 14:57 – Dave’s advice for new teachers.
- 17:57 – The story of how “Teach Like A Pirate” and Dave Burgess Consulting/Publishing came to be.
- 24:15 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 30:59 – How to connect with Dave.
- EdTech Tool: Todoist (App)
- Book: “Make Learning Magical” by Tisha Richmond
- Who to Follow: Sarah Johnson, Jessica Cabeen, Jessica Johnson – Authors of “Balance Like A Pirate”
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Michael Matera (mrmatera)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Recapture your morning. Get some sort of morning routine that starts you on a powerful way.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden, of the John Wooden Basketball Camp
Links to Connect With Dave
- Website: www.daveburgess.com www.daveburgessconsulting.com
- Twitter: @burgessdave
- Instagram: @DBC_INC
- Hashtags to Follow: #TLAP
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk