Brian Costello has been teaching for more than 13 years, with a variety of roles, including primary education, digital integration specialist, and others. He currently teachers robotics. Or, as he describes it, Brian “teaches middle school kids to cultivate my tiny robot army.”
Brian shares his journey to becoming an author, why having a strong network of mentors is so important, and what our job is really all about.
- 2:21 – Brian introduces himself.
- 3:33 – Brian’s failure.
- 13:58 31 – What’s got Brian excited in education right now.
- 22:08 – Brian’s advice to new teachers – And a little about his book, “The Teacher’s Journey.”
- 26:54 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:43 – How to connect with Brian
- EdTech Tool: CoSpaces
- Book: “The Path To Serendipity” by Allyson Apsey and “The Fire Within” By Mandy Froehlich
- Who to Follow: Sarah Thomas and Kory Graham
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Crash Course
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflect. Write, talk, record, sing if you have to. Whatever it is that works for you, reflect.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You’re not alone, and you don’t have to be.
Links to Connect With Brian
- Website: www.costellocorner.com
- Twitter: @btcostello05 @famsfuture
- Voxer: bcoste403
- Facebook Page: btc2learn
- Instagram: @btcostello05 @famsfuture
- YouTube: btcostello05
- The Teacher’s Journey
- Will McGill and the Magic Hat
- Will McGill and the Costume Calamity
- Contributor to: “Fueled By Coffee and Love”
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk