Brian Costello has been teaching for more than 13 years, with a variety of roles, including primary education, digital integration specialist, and others. He currently teachers robotics. Or, as he describes it, Brian “teaches middle school kids to cultivate my tiny robot army.”
Brian shares his journey to becoming an author, why having a strong network of mentors is so important, and what our job is really all about.
- 2:21 – Brian introduces himself.
- 3:33 – Brian’s failure.
- 13:58 31 – What’s got Brian excited in education right now.
- 22:08 – Brian’s advice to new teachers – And a little about his book, “The Teacher’s Journey.”
- 26:54 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 28:43 – How to connect with Brian
- EdTech Tool: CoSpaces
- Book: “The Path To Serendipity” by Allyson Apsey and “The Fire Within” By Mandy Froehlich
- Who to Follow: Sarah Thomas and Kory Graham
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Crash Course
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Reflect. Write, talk, record, sing if you have to. Whatever it is that works for you, reflect.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: You’re not alone, and you don’t have to be.
Links to Connect With Brian
- Website: www.costellocorner.com
- Twitter: @btcostello05 @famsfuture
- Voxer: bcoste403
- Facebook Page: btc2learn
- Instagram: @btcostello05 @famsfuture
- YouTube: btcostello05
- The Teacher’s Journey
- Will McGill and the Magic Hat
- Will McGill and the Costume Calamity
- Contributor to: “Fueled By Coffee and Love”