Elementary principal, and author, Allyson Apsey, shares her story, gives us a look into her book, and let’s us know how we can find the beautiful lessons that are embedded in our experiences.
Allyson also gives us a sneak peek into one of her upcoming projects.
- 1:55 – Allyson’s super proud to be an elementary principal.
- 3:36 – Allyson’s biggest failure.
- 6:16 – What we have to be, if we want things to be different in education. And the many small successes she looks for.
- 8:25 – What’s got Allyson excited about education right now.
- 9:55 – Allyson’s advice for new teachers: Get connected. Be transparent, be vulnerable, learn through failure, and focus on relationships.
- 12:45 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less!
- 15:32 – The focus of “The Path to Serendipity.”
- 17:34 – Allyson’s favorite chapter in her book.
- 18:37 – The 3 Don’ts of Empathy
- 20:00 – How to connect with Allyson
- 20:29 – A sneak peek (listen) into one of Allyson’s new projects!
- EdTech Tool: iMovie
- Book: “Tattoos and The Heart” by Father Gregory Boyle
- Who to Follow: Jeff Gargas and Rae Hughart, Dave Burgess, Tara Martin, Adam Welcome, Amber Teamann, George Couros
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: Allyson’s YouTube Channel
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Look at your lesson plan for the day and identify what you are super excited about, and what you view as really really fun. And if there is nothing in there that seems fun to you, find something fun.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: The world does not revolve around Allyson Apsey.
Links to Connect With Allyson
- Twitter: @allysonapsey
- Website or Blog: www.allysonapsey
- YouTube Channel: Allyson Apsey
- Facebook: Allyson Apsey
- Allyson’s Book: “The Path to Serendipity“