Elementary principal, and author, Allyson Apsey, shares her story, gives us a look into her book, and let’s us know how we can find the beautiful lessons that are embedded in our experiences.
Allyson also gives us a sneak peek into one of her upcoming projects.
- 1:55 – Allyson’s super proud to be an elementary principal.
- 3:36 – Allyson’s biggest failure.
- 6:16 – What we have to be, if we want things to be different in education. And the many small successes she looks for.
- 8:25 – What’s got Allyson excited about education right now.
- 9:55 – Allyson’s advice for new teachers: Get connected. Be transparent, be vulnerable, learn through failure, and focus on relationships.
- 12:45 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less!
- 15:32 – The focus of “The Path to Serendipity.”
- 17:34 – Allyson’s favorite chapter in her book.
- 18:37 – The 3 Don’ts of Empathy
- 20:00 – How to connect with Allyson
- 20:29 – A sneak peek (listen) into one of Allyson’s new projects!
- EdTech Tool: iMovie
- Book: “Tattoos and The Heart” by Father Gregory Boyle
- Who to Follow: Jeff Gargas and Rae Hughart, Dave Burgess, Tara Martin, Adam Welcome, Amber Teamann, George Couros
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: Allyson’s YouTube Channel
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Look at your lesson plan for the day and identify what you are super excited about, and what you view as really really fun. And if there is nothing in there that seems fun to you, find something fun.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: The world does not revolve around Allyson Apsey.
Links to Connect With Allyson
- Twitter: @allysonapsey
- Website or Blog: www.allysonapsey
- YouTube Channel: Allyson Apsey
- Facebook: Allyson Apsey
- Allyson’s Book: “The Path to Serendipity“
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk