In our first episode, Rae Hughart and Jeff Gargas chat with Adam Peterson, of www.adampetersoneducation.com, about his recent transition from 13+ years in the classroom, to now working with teachers all over the country.
Adam discusses some of the challenges and excitement of the switch, what he’s most excited about in education right now, and offers some invaluable advice for teachers, whether you’re in your 1st, 5th, or 35th year.
- 1:15 – Adam has recently transitioned to working with teachers around the country. He shares that story and what he is excited about.
- 3:55 – Adam shares his biggest failure, that he has failed at multiple times.
- 7:20 – Adam shares what he’s excited about in education.
- 10:04 – Adam’s advice for a new teacher.
- 11:29 – Adam’s thoughts on where to begin as a new teacher.
- 12:55 – Adam rocks out 6 questions in 15 seconds each, including the best piece of advice he has ever received.
- 17:29 – We discuss Adam’s #MakeSomeonesDayYellow movement.
- EdTech Tool: Osmo (iPad/iPhone)
- Book: “The Limitless School” – Adam Dovico & Abe Hege
- Who to Follow: @SDE4educators
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: Harry Kindergarten Music
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Continue learning. Read, watch YouTube, utilize social media, go to conference. “Continue, continue learning.”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Remember, it’s all about the kids.
Links to Connect With Adam
- Twitter: @teacherslearn2
- Instagram: @teacherslearn2
- Website or Blog: www.adampetersoneducation.com
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/teacherslearn2
- YouTube Channel: Teachers Learn Too
- Book(s): See all of Adam’s books here.
- Adam Reading His Book, “Yellow”: Watch on YouTube