Educator, consultant, entrepreneur, and co-author of “Balance Like A Pirate,” Sarah Johnson, shares her passion for amplifying women, the importance of taking care of yourself, and the power of listening, learning, and focusing on your personal routine.
We discuss Sarah’s leap of faith in launching the In AWE, LLC, her awesome running streak, and why our mindset matters.
- 4:43 – Sarah introduces herself.
- 6:16 – Sarah’s failure.
- 11:35 – We chat about Sarah’s running streak.
- 13:09 – Sarah’s success.
- 17:52 – What’s got Sarah excited about education right now.
- 19:02 – Sarah talks about how we can start our journey for more purposeful social emotional learning for our students.
- 21:35 – Sarah tells us a bit about In Awe.
- 23:52 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:40 – How to connect with Sarah.
- EdTech Tool: Voxer–game changer for me with my PLN and life changing honestly.
- Book: “The Confidence Code for Girls” by Katy Kay, Claire Shipman, and JillEllyn Riley
- Who to Follow: Elizabeth Folis–@Lessons_by_Liz
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Goal Cast or Ted Talks
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Set a morning routine. Set the tone for the day. Take a look at “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Live the way in which you want to be remembered.
Links to Connect With Sarah
- Website: Sarahsajohnson.com
- Twitter: @sarahsajohnson
- Facebook Page: sarahsajohnson
- Instagram: @sarahsajohnson
- Book: Balance Like a Pirate: Going Beyond Work-Life Balance to Ignite Passion and Thrive as an Educator
- Podcast: In AWE Podcast
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk