Middle school language arts teach, and founder of Teachonomy, Chuck poole, shares stories from his 19 years of experience.
Chuck talks about how a failure as a coach lead him to make invaluable changes in his classroom, instilling a mindset of family and allowing his students to take ownership of their learning. Most importantly, Chuck reminds us all that we are enough; no one brings exactly what you do to the classroom.
- 2:01 – Chuck describes himself.
- 5:10 – Chuck’s failure.
- 11:22 – Chuck’s success.
- 15:32 – What Chuck is excited about in eduction right now.
- 18:20 – Chuck’s advice for new teachers.
- 21:12 – 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 25:48 – 2 minute overview of Chuck’s “UN-Series” books.
- 27:27 – How to connect with Chuck.
- EdTech Tool: Insert Learning (Google Chrome Extension)
- Book: “Drive” by Daniel Pink
- Who to Follow: Jeff and Rae (of course!). Jennifer Gonzalez (@cultofpedagogy), Spiri Howard (@itsmeSpiri), Dr. Mary Howard (@DrMaryHoward)
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Crash Course and Ted ED
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Set goals. Chuck does them daily, weekly, and monthly, using the “Rule of 3’s”
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received: Remain humble, and remember your roots.
Links to Connect With Chuck
- Website: www.teachonomy.com or www.unseries.com
- Twitter: @cpoole27
- Facebook Page: Teachonomy
- Instagram: @teachonomy
- YouTube: Teachonomy
53: Serve to lead. – Chris McGraw chats about having swagger while staying humble, making sure you’re filling yourself up in order to give to others, and all the bumps and bruises he’s learned from along the way.Podcast, @EvansJrHigh, @jeffgargas, @MisterMcGraw, @raehughart, #teachbetter, administration, Administrator, Chris McGraw, Evans Junior high School, jeff gargas, middle school, podcast, Principal, rae hughart, teach better, teach better talk
52: One Drop Of Kindness – Jeffrey Kubiak talks with us about adapting, crushing it, and how one drop of kindness can be a win for everyone.Podcast, @aquakube, @jeffgargas, @jeffreykubiak, @raehughart, #edupodcast, #flexibleseating, #Podcast, #podcasts, flexible seating, jeff gargas, Jeffrey Kubiak, podcast, rae hughart
51: Students First. – Lauren Salsinger chats with us about keeping students in the forefront of every decision we make, and the crucial promise she made to herself.Podcast, @diaryofa21stcenturyteacher, @jeffgargas, @MrsSalsinger, @raehughart, #Podcast, #podcasts #edupodcast, jeff gargas, Lauren Salsinger, podcast, rae hughart, teach better talk
49: Make Connections – Frank Bellomo chats with us about the power of relationships, and why you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.Podcast, @FbellomB, @FoxElemCVS, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #COLchat, Admin, administration, coach, Elementary, Elementary principal, Fox Elementary, Frank Bellomo, jeff gargas, Michigan, podcast, Principal, rae hughart
48: In AWE – Sarah Johnson shares her journey of creating In AWE, amplifying women, and the importance of taking care of yourself.Podcast, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, @sarahsajohnson, @teachbetterteam, #edupodcast, #Podcast, #podcasts, #teachbetter, #teachbetter talk, Balance Like A Pirate, dave burgess consulting, In AWE Podcast, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Sarah Johnson, teach better talk, teach better team
47: Being Coachable – Steve Diveley chats with us about his work with the AIMS Network, how we can question ourselves for the purpose of improvement, and the importance of being coachable.Podcast, @aimsnetwork, @jeffgargas, @raehughart, #Podcast, #teachbetter, #teachbettertalk, AIMS Network, jeff gargas, podcast, rae hughart, Steve Diveley, teach better talk